Search This Blog

Monday 1 November 2010

"Shells will come of age"



The theme of protect and survive, alongside strong references to natural forms seems prevalent throughout current design forecasts.  This is in line with trends predicting global concerns of refuge and defense and that apply nature as a means of shelter.  I have noted forms resembling nests, hives and cocoons in architecture and interiors. I have studied protective shell forms as a source of inspiration for my final collection.   The architectural yet feminine, fluid and organic forms fully reflect the rhythms, patterns and symetry found in nature.

I link shells and shores with the ebb and flow of the tide...tidal fashion! 

Shells promise escapism and are often associated with mythical creatures, this could add a hint of surrealism to my designs.
There is something special about spirals, almost eternal! 


These images have been copied onto parchment paper and then painted into with water.  

I love this x-ray image...protective but revealing at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment