Search This Blog

Saturday 23 October 2010

Italian Vogue July 2010...An inspirational shoot edited for my muse and merged with my theme of shells a symbol of protection

Loving these Prada Specs!  This is an inspirational image which helped me to build the character and identity of my muse.  Wonderful 1950s nostalgia, but with strength and subtlety at the same time.  She is a career girl for sure but seeks that inner assurance and protection...shells!
I have studied shells for their architectural yet feminine, fluid organic forms, reflecting the trend of  utilizing  rhythm, patterns and symmetry of nature.  Shapes found in shells can be soft and harsh with spirals, spikes and both asymmetrical and balanced details.
I love the mixture of textures in this image, the derelict building provides a painterly background with layers of  crumbling plaster and peeling paper which is in complete contrast to the sophistication of the model and her linear style dress, reminiscent of the spiral ridges found on this Atlantic Auger shell.
The aura of antiquity and femininity of this image, with Grecian style drapery, soft layers, ruffles and spikes matches the contrast of the pink spider shell with its silky, pearl like inside against the rough spiky exterior.  
I'm in control...this Celine number reflects the secret agent/leather/protection style which is predominant in so many collections for  A/W 2010/11.  The punch holes in my images were a response to articles I have read about a rising trend in America for women openly carrying guns with pride....extreme protection!!
What can I say Louis Vuitton...gorgeous...genius...love the new collection...watch out for new post of the glam fashion shoot...sophisticated 50s.  My collection is definitely going to feature this silhouette, may extend the panelling to different texture and colour.
This YSL skirt has a nice cut away feature to the hemline...I may incorporate this idea into Capri pants but in a more fluid line to echo shell shapes.  The volume in the blouse is a nice contrast...I'm thinking bell sleeves and pin tucks!!
The abstract form of this Comme des Garcons garment reminds me of shell shapes.. padding, stitching, layering and a mixture of fabrics and textures.  I am considering making a cumber band/bustle type of garment that can be added to smart  day trousers for instant evening wear, some of these techniques here could be interesting to utilise. 





No comments:

Post a Comment