Search This Blog

Monday 14 March 2011

PHOTO SHOOT RESEARCH...the lovely sunny weather of Sunday prompted me to carry out a visit to Chester in search of sites for my looming fashion shoot...

Chester Uni seemed the logical
place to begin as a student!
However, much of the beauty of
the old original building has
been spoilt by horrid 1960s add
ons, the only area untouched was
this entrance, too tight
a space and dark in the porch






My next stop was the race course.
This could be a good venue for cover from
rain and to set a social scene.  However,
I have been waiting for a month for
a response for permission and have
decided look elsewhere.There is also
extensive building work being carried
out and this is the only part not covered
in scaffolding!  

These large covers outside the restaurant
would also be a good spot!





The rows along Watergate Street are very atmospheric and picturesque.
It would be very difficult shooting around Saturday shoppers though and
although there would be shelter, the light is poor.


A stroll down to the River Dee took me through St.Johns ruins, this would make a stunning backdrop weather permitting.

Arriving at the Groves I found my solution.  The elegant bandstand is
in beautiful surroundings with lovely views across the river.
Practicality of shelter is essential with English weather and it is a
surprisingly large space.
My only concern here is permission and the refurbishment work that
is being carried out in the area...would hate to turn up to a wet paint sign!  Further investigations needed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment